JUDGES & NON-MEMBERS
LOG IN WITH YOUR EMAIL & PASSWORD!
Members select the "APA Member Login" button to log in.
WHO MAY ENTER?
Publishing companies, licensees/distributors, authors, and rights-holding producers of audiobooks released for the first time in the United States during the period from November 1, 2022, to October 31, 2023. If you are NOT a rights-holder you must get written permission from a rights-holder to submit (non-rights holders will be asked to upload proof of permission with entry).
Qualifying audiobooks contain at least 51 percent spoken-word content and are available for sale in the U.S. as CDs and/or in digital format. At this time, podcasts are not eligible for The Audies.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
1. Release Date: All entries into the Audie Awards competition must carry a release date between November 1, 2022 and October 31, 2023. “Release date” is defined as the date the title was first made available for sale to the public in the United States. Titles reissued in a new format are not eligible, unless the “first release date” is within the qualifying period. Collections of previously released materials are eligible if the “first release date” of the new collection is within the qualifying period. Publishing companies may be asked to submit documentation supporting the release dates of their nominated titles. The release date must be submitted on the online form.
2. Rights: Entries must either be submitted by the rights-holder, or the rights-holder must give authorization to the submitter. A rights-holder may be the author, publisher, a licensee/distributor, or the producer. The same title may not be submitted by more than one company.
3. Category Limits: There are three types of Audies category: General, Narrator, and Audiobook of the Year. A title may be submitted only once into each type. In the event a title is entered into more for one of these category types, the judging committee will remove from the excessive categories and the entry fee will not be returned to the publishing company.
4. Submission Limits: A publisher or rights-holder may only submit 4 titles per category per APA membership (or per entity for non-members). Note: Category 1 Member Publishers may submit 5 titles per category per APA membership.
5. Entry Review: Entries will be screened for eligibility including:
- Release date.
- Catagory appropriateness.
It is the responsibility of the submitter to determine and select the appropriate category. However, the committee reserves the right to move the entries to appropriate categories or dismiss inappropriate submissions. In the event a submission is disqualified for one of these reasons the entry fee will not be returned to the publishing company.
6. Finalists: Up to five (or six in case of a tie) finalists will be selected for each category from all submissions and announced in February 2024.
7. Winners: Winners will be announced and awards will be distributed to a representative of the publishing company that submits the title during the Audies Gala, planned for March 2024, in Los Angeles.
8. Category Cancellation: At least six entries must be submitted in a category or the category may be cancelled or combined. If a category is cancelled, entry fees will be refunded, or entries will be reassigned to other categories with permission of the publishers.